Skip to main content

Peer review

 https://youtu.be/CEkDC6U4KYU?si=Ziw6ViRZCos_m_7L

In the opening above I particularly enjoyed the insert shots between the emails. I didn't like the ending, the sudden stop and no real emotion conveyed on the characters face felt off not really making me want to know what happens further. The mis en scene of the opener also didn't feel right. nothing seemed confusing the opener was straight forward and easy to understand. I suggest to make the movie opener better they should make the lighting a little bit darker in the therapy room and change up the ending a little to make the therapist seem a little bit more emotion regarding the girls case. 

https://youtu.be/eX32iRuSMvc

In the opening film above I liked the subtle music playing in the background it helped me understand the genre of the movie. I didn't really like the lack of depth with the characters especially since its romance genre I would've liked more dialogue. I wasn't really interested in the rest of the movie as there wasn't really any neiche or catch in the opener it seemed like a basic romance story. I liked the mis en scene with the ballons with hearts. I would've enjoyed more scenes of the characters bonding and seeing them bond.

https://youtu.be/ORoNP73icvo

In the opening film above I enjoyed the many technical elements displayed with tracking movements with the character, the 2 shot with 2 characters showing how they differ as people, and the mis en scene used for each character. I didn't like the loopholes in the opening where the teacher said no talking and then they procceded to start talking right in front of the teacher. and how the character walked into a different looking classroom in the beginning. I would've liked to continue watching the movie it help my interest in the characters and what was going on. I suggest fixing up the loopholes and giving the each character some dialogue with mis en scene matching their character.

https://youtu.be/SZf7mfqLTdA

In the opening film above i enjoyed the movement from the lake to the characters and the mid-shots behind them making it seem like someone is following them. I didn't really enjoy the audio being so low and hard to comprehend and they should edit and increase the volume. I wouldn't watch the whole movie as it seemed like a basic plot with no catch and no sense of mystery I feel mystery is something this opening sequence should've incorperated and added a little mis en scene to go along with it. That would've made the opening scene more interesting and leave me on the edge of my seat wanting to watch the whole thing.


In the opening sequence above I enjoyed the many different uses of technical elements it was well versed in mis en scene, different types of shots (master, close, over the shoulder, mid, etc.), and music. I didn't enjoy how difficult it was to hear the characters and the film could've benefited from better sound effects towards the end to create more suspense such as chairs falling or a fire alarm going off. I would like to continue watching the movie and I would say to think more about what the entity is and incorperate it in the sequence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

peer review evaluation

This week, my group went over the peer reviews written by our classmates to asses their feedback and determine if there are any suggestions we'd like to implement into our final cut.  Peer review #1 (by Johansen Rey) :https://johansenrey.blogspot.com/2025/04/title-sequence.html  My favorite part of this opening sequence is definitely the ending and the editing done while the surgeon rips his face mask. It reveals a man who is clearly disturbed and this is also accomplished by the tilt shot that shows the blood squirting on him. The editing was great and the grey filter on the actor makes him look psychotic. I didn’t really like the lighting, it was very bright but I believe that the lighting should’ve been a bit darker. If the film had included some lowkey lighting to help add to the ominous atmosphere of the scene, it would have been better. The setting would have also been a bit more unsettling and worrisome for the audience. I do think it looked like an opening sequence as ...

sample exam question

 Cross media synergies are used by media companies are used around the world to help promote and stream new upcoming media. If a distributer doesn't own their own streaming service they can call upon others to help stream their media. in addition can use social media apps such as Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok to promote a new project or film coming up and this is commonly used today.     An example of these cross synergised being used is when Universal pictures was promoting the Super Mario Movie. One of many ways they promoted this movie was by contacting Mcdonalds to put super mario toys in happy meals to help promote the new movie. Happy meals are a way to promote this movie to its target audience being children and getting families to tag along. Furthermore collaborating with nintendo to help promote and advertise the movie in one of nintendos most important semi anually presentations called "Nintendo Direct" to promote and advertise the new movie coming out the mill...

Title Sequence Final

The font we chose to use was shlop because it seems scary and horror themed which is the direction our Opening sequence heads towards. We made sure that the actual title of the movie was red to resemble a bloody name to create a creepy and scary vibe. The credits role one name at a time by what service and/or acting was done by that person. We came to this decision because we wanted to highlight the font and style of the title sequence text to catch the vibe of the opening sequence better after it finished. We chose this because in the end this style and font captures what we imagined the opening sequence to give off it was meant to be creepy and install fear.